Agricultural Drone Data Can Be Daunting: Agribotix Distills the Three Core Needs of Farmers and Agronomists
Colorado, USA, August 5, 2016
Agribotix announced a new feature this week—the Digital Scouting Report—to address the top three needs of farmers using agricultural drones. It has met with resounding success, probably because we tuned in to hundreds of farmers across the country and tailored the solution directly to address what we heard.
1. Agricultural drone data needs to be efficient.
“I have cornfields. And I get it. Your drones can improve my yields. Find bugs. Whatever. But I don’t have hours a day to decode NDVI near infrared maps.” This is a common sentiment among customers considering drones. Although Agribotix recently ranked among FastCompany’s top 10 most innovative drone companies, and every month we enjoy record numbers of subscribers, skeptics still abound. Farmers are experts already, and with busy lives. They need a streamlined, intuitive service that uses data efficiently to cut time for crop scouts and point directly to problem areas.
2. Agricultural drone data needs to be comprehensive.
Farmers with tight schedules rely on scouts for field data. The issue: scouts usually only cover between 2-5% of each field, likely missing critical problem areas. We understand that farmers need a complete solution: identify problem areas, send scouts directly there, and track issues. So we built it. The most comprehensive presentation of drone data in the market, the FarmLens™ Digital Scouting Report combines weather data with whole field NDVI maps, and allows advisors to include location-tagged field photos as well as notes to illustrate ground-level conditions and recommend fixes. The result? More efficient scouting that ensures nothing is overlooked.
3. Agricultural drone data needs to convert easily to real value.
The logic behind the Digital Scouting Report is that it takes drone data, combines it with on-the-ground expertise, and synthesizes it into chunks of “actionable information”—you look at it, make a decision, and see results. It also allows historical logs around specific locations, increasing in value over time. By adding weather data, the Digital Scouting Report creates a complete picture, in bite-sized pieces, for busy farmers. Solutions like the Digital Scouting Report are based on our belief that precision ag should mean less work, not more.
The Details: More info on Agribotix FarmLens™ Digital Scouting Report
The Digital Scouting Report is available now!
- The Digital Scouting Report is one of three reports generated by FarmLens™. Learn more about FarmLens™ data analytics here.
- The feature is available in the Agribotix FarmLens™ Pro Plan, which comes bundled with any drone purchase from Agribotix. See pricing information for different plans, including Pro, here.
- Delivered in PDF format, the report includes map images that can be downloaded as .tif (geotif) files to overlay and use with GPS for scouts on the ground. Sample PDF here.
- Historic weather data of your field includes precipitation (daily and accumulated), temperature, and growing degree degrees.
- This report can be branded with your company information with Your FarmLens, our private label product that also includes branding our online portal. Contact us for more information.
- Check it out yourself! Click here to download a sample PDF of the Digital Scouting Report and see for yourself how it can reduce scouting time and point to problems in the field.